My name is Francisco Gil I am 24 years old and currently a student at Lehman College. I graduated from Bronx Community College in the spring of 2012 with a associates in liberal arts with an education option.  I am an education major after recently changing from computer science. I made the change because although I'm good with computers I am terrible at math which the computer science major includes a lot of. I chose education because I have always liked the idea of working with Children and helping them. I know that teaching may not be the most lucrative of careers but I think it will  be something that I would be happy doing.

For the last three year i have been working at Bronx community college as a tutor and peer mentor. I mainly work as a ePortfolio tutor giving workshops to class on how to use ePortfolio and helping individual students as well. I have always liked helping people and I am very proficient with computers so being a ePortfolio tutor really works out for me. I also work as a Peer mentor/leader for the First year seminar program. The FYS program is a new program at Bronx Community College that is focused on helping freshmen students acclimate to college life and ensure they have all the information and support they need to become successful students. I think the FYS program is a very good idea because I know from first hand experience how difficult the first semester or two can be for new students and how so help can make a big difference on whether a student is successful or not.

I just started attending Lehman college in the fall 2012 semester majoring in English with a minor in childhood education. I hope to have a good experience at Lehman and graduate in 2014. Once I get my Bachelor's degree I plan to start teaching forth or fifth while working to get my Masters and then maybe a Doctorate if I want to teach at the college level one day.