Daniel Bediako is my name. I am jovial, friendly, loving and caring. I am a person who likes to read anything I lay my hands on. But I like reading fiction. My favorite novel is Divine Justice by David Baldacci. I also like listening to good music. I love to debate. Some of my mates loved me and others hated me for that when I was in High School. I planned to study Law after High School. Law is offered in undergraduate studies, Bachelor of Law (LLB), in my country Ghana. When I migrated to New York, I found out that one of the requirements to be admitted into a Law school is a Bachelor's degree. I had no idea on what to major in in my undergraduate studies. 

I was advised to study Pre-Law because prospective medical students study Pre-Med. I asked myself why can't I be a "bean counter" first? Unlike Medical school, Law school accepts any major. So I chose to major in Accounting for my Bachelor’s, be a Certified Public Accountant (CPA),  then go to Law school for a PhD in Law (J.D.)

As a Chinese philosopher once said, "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step" I took that step by enrolling at Bronx Community College as an Accounting major. The journey continues until I reach my final destination.

I always want to challenge myself. I believe education is not in the classroom only. This is the reason why I joined Bronx Community College's Speech, Drama and Debate club Fall 2010. The team have participated in competitions and won trophies. This semester (Fall 2011), I was part of the team that participated in tournaments at Seton Hall University and George Mason University. I am the IOC representative of the Speech, Drama and Debate club. 

As at now, I have to meet my curriculum requirements, graduate, then transfer to a senior college in pursuing a Bachelor’s degree. Although this class(ENG 12) is a curriculum requirement, I am also here to share ideas with my mates. And learn from them since English is one of the most common spoken languages worldwide. Not leaving behind how I want to improve my writing skills.