Seth Offenbach

I am an Associate Professor of History at Bronx Community College. I have 

taught at BCC since 2011. At Bronx Community College I primarily teach Modern World History and American History courses. Working at BCC allows me to teach some incredible students who are learning about the world from a new perspective for the first time. This makes my BCC teaching experience extremely fulfilling and enjoyable.

Prior to working at BCC, I earned my Bachelor of Arts degree from McGill University in 2000 and my Master of Arts degree from Stony Brook University in 2005. I completed my PhD in history at Stony Brook University in 2010.

My scholarship focuses on the impact which international relations has on domestic politics. Specifically, I am currently looking at how the Vietnam War impacted American conservatism and altered the movement's makeup and ideology. 

My teaching style focuses on developing students' analytic and communication skills. Writing and speaking are integral skills which Americans need in the 21st century, and students will need those skills in my classroom. My personality in the class works to engage student interest while demanding much from my students, thus promoting an active student body.

In addition, my teaching incorporates game base learning by using the Reacting to the Past games which help students learn skills such as critical thinking, in-depth reading, public speaking, pursuasion, and negotiation.